Welcome to the Herbas® Body Care Blog

What a day! Started with meditation and ends with a school application for my 10-year-old. Thought why not do my 1st blog entry

Hi, I am Miriam Aristy-Farer the founder of Herbas® plant-based body care. A plant-based body care line. We started with a CBD slave but have expanded to included non-CBD products for plants based rituals as well as our very own certified organic CBD oil. I love plants, herbs, and everything about them. If you follow me on Instagram you know I always #plantsmakepeoplehappy, because they do!  

Growing up in Queens in the ’70s, as the child of immigrant parents, plant medicines were the norm, I vividly recall my mother risking fines at JFK to bring back orange leaves for teas. “Soil provides for everything” my parents always said whether in our Queens garden or on a farm in the Dominican Republic.


A self-proclaimed Island girl born in Washington Heights, I studied fine arts and graphic design at Altos de Chavon, in the Dominican Republic. There began a deep reconnection to my culture & Caribbean roots. Along with the start of what I did not know was IBS. Years later while vacationing there a car accident would inform me of my unique intolerance to pain medication and a need for pills to take pills_this is not ok I thought… The healing journey naturally began.

As an art director I specialized in package and point of sale design for the beauty industry in NYC, but honestly, I never fit in there, maybe because I didn’t like to wear makeup & I was “earthy”. Yes, I was doing what I loved, but I wasn’t part of the solution, I asked myself, was I part of the problem? 


Like many, motherhood changed me, gave me the courage to seek purpose. Community, wellness & gardening called to me I even counted how many trees were on each block in my neighborhood, to get more planted. I found herbalism & with in-laws in Colorado, I focused on cannabis, I dreamt about starting a cannabis body care line… “herb as plant-based body care I thought”. I was thrilled when CBD became legal in 2018


I am proud of the collection of plant-based rituals called Herbas is becoming. 

We love New York, and our community of West Harlem even our CBD comes from organic Upstate Hemp farmers. Herbas came from a place & need to heal, naturally & affordably where I was in my kitchen and garden. It matters a whole lot what you put on, inside and around your body. Join us on the journey to plant-based everything, in the process you might just heal your body, mind, and soul

Comments